BOX-IN-BOX and UHPC
The BOX-IN-BOX is a unique system of closed construction of the cross-beam and cross-slide with internally positioned and guided ram unit (axes Y an Z).
UHPC is a high strength concrete with excellent properties for vibration damping and thermal stability of machines. UHPC stands for ULTRA HIGH PERFORMANCE CONCRETE.
THE ADVANTAGES OF TRIMILL PRINCIPLE:
• Consistent milling results thanks to stable thermo-symmetrical arrangement on linear guideways
• Always 4 guides of the cross and vertical support for the machine, preventing the occurrence of the so-called „banana effect“ which deforms/bends the vertical support of the machine
• Increased rigidity of the machine in the X axis by +60%, in the Y axis by +30% and in the Z axis by +90%
ADVANTAGES OF USING UHPC:
• The columns and longbeams of most TRIMILL machines are made of high-strength concrete (UHPC).
• Maximum vibration damping and extended tool life
• Low thermal conductivity and high heat capacity resulting in high thermal stability of the machines
• Compressive strength ≥ 150 Mpa => 6 times stronger than C20/25 concrete
• Production in our own concrete plant in TRIMILL, a.s.
TRIMILL uses UHPC with the most effective damping properties for all stationary machine components, which ultimately means better surface quality, higher precision and longer tool life.